By Tadeusz Kudra
"Presents the newest breakthroughs in thermal dehydration, drying, and dewatering. Emphasizes rising gear, leading edge ideas, and affordable thoughts for various commercial and agricultural functions. bargains category and choice standards for brand new and complicated drying systems."
Read or Download Advanced Drying Technologies PDF
Similar food science books
Consuming is a multisensory event, but cooks and scientists have only in the near past all started to anatomize food's parts, introducing a brand new technological know-how referred to as molecular gastronomy and a brand new frontier within the chances of the kitchen. during this international collaboration of essays, cooks, scientists, and chefs positioned the options of molecular gastronomy into perform, advancing a culinary speculation in accordance with food's chemical homes and the expert use of present and leading edge instruments, materials, and methods.
The Dictionary of foodstuff parts is a different, easy-to-use resource of infor mation on over 1,000 nutrients materials. just like the past versions, the hot and up to date 3rd variation offers transparent and concise details on presently used ingredients, together with traditional parts, FDA-approved synthetic components, and compounds utilized in foodstuff processing.
Flavour is a serious element of meals construction and processing, requiring cautious layout, tracking and trying out to be able to create an beautiful nutrients product. This publication seems to be at flavour new release, flavour research and sensory notion of foodstuff flavour and the way those innovations can be utilized within the nutrients to create new and enhance latest items.
- Designing Food Safety and Equipment Reliability Through Maintenance Engineering
- Biotechnological Innovations in Food Processing
- Handbook of Brewing (Food Science and Technology)
- Quality of Selected Fruits and Vegetables of North America
- Food Biodeterioration and Preservation
- Red Beet Biotechnology: Food and Pharmaceutical Applications
Additional info for Advanced Drying Technologies
5 Particle trajectory for double penetration in a semicircular impinging streams (F c ϭ centrifugal force; F cp ϭ centripetal force; F D ϭ drag force; F ϭ lift force). Planar with circumferential flow, in which streamlines form concentric circles in the impingement plane Tubular, in which impinging streams meet at the cylindrical surface Annular, in which impinging streams meet in a sector of annulus Single impinging stream units can be combined in series and/or in parallel to form a system allowing extension of the residence time and development of different hydrodynamic or temperature regimes.
Inlet. During passage through the venturi tubes and air ducts, the inert particles are additionally heated by a hot-air stream so that the temperature of recycled inert particles is much higher than the bed temperature. Hence, evaporation of moisture from the wet coat is not only due to sensible heat of gas phase but also due to the sensible heat stored in the inert particles. 3. 8 Swirl-jet-spouted bed dryer. b. 9 Schematic of the Ecal dryer and temperature distribution along the bed height. ) 48 Chapter 4 veyor screw.
1. The average temperature of the bed (T p ) can be determined experimentally or assumed to be lower than the exhaust gas temperature by 15° to 20°C. Also, the water vapor pressure in the bulk of drying gas can be calculated based on the exhaust gas humidity. The ϕ parameter should be determined experimentally, as it depends on dryer configuration, particle and material characteristics, and operating parameters. 3 mm. The calculated drying time varied from 60 to 90 seconds, whereas the experimentally determined material residence time was in the order of 200 to 400 seconds.